With Willesden Lane being sadly in the news this week, Dick Weindling dug into the archives and found that Willesden Lane made it into National News (The Times) on the 3rd December 1831. There is also a mention of the Red Lion and its landlord Mr. Pope, on Kilburn High road.
At this time the area was very much “countryside”.
Sir Coutts Trotter was a wealthy banker who lived at a large country
house off Willesden Lane. He was there from 1807 until his death in 1837.
It was called Brandsbury House at the time, but was also known as Brands
House, or Brondesbury House.
It was The Manor House School when it was pulled down in 1934 to make
Manor House Drive.